Friday, January 8, 2010


Today I was tired. I hope it didn't show too much. I think teaching 6 days in a row is a little much, plus yesterday I took a kickbox class and a weight lifting class. I wasn't really planning on it but I was a FFC and a friend of mine who just got hired as a sub was teaching her first class. It was last minute since the regular instructor called in sick. My friend was nervous and it is always easier when the audience is supportive. So I stuck around. She did a great job though and my rear end is very sore because of it. It always looks easier than it is, to get up in front of a bunch of people and tell them what to do. But like most things in life, you can try to prepare but actuallly doing it is when you learn. I'm still learning and hope to never stop.

Today was an old playlist. I hate to reuse them but I guess if I put the effort in before it is ok to repeat occasionally. This was the playlist I made last year in March for spring break. I remember when I used it, barely anyone was there since they were all really away on vacation. Not us though. Our family prefers a low key spring break in Milwaukee. I know that sounds crazy and really boring but it has become a family tradition. My kids still like the dinky water park and the Natural History Museum there is great. I think sometimes those traditions, even if they have lost most of their novelty or original appeal, become a comfort as we get older. Something to count on and remind us of years gone by. Now that's not to say I don't enjoy some sand and sunshine, I just think we'll plan a trip some other time of year and stick with Milwaukee in March.

Anyway, here is Spring break 09 playlist (I'll have to come up with some new stuff for 2010)40 minutes:

1.Whenever,Wherever- Shakira (warm up)
2.Let's Get Loud- Jennifer Lopez (run)
3.Baila Meneaito- Candela (jumps)
4.The Tide is High- Blondie (climb)
5.Livin'la Vida Loca- Ricky Martin (run)
6.Sweat- Inner Circle (heavy climb)
7.Wipe Out- The Sufaris (resistance build)
8.Hot,Hot,Hot- Buster Poindexter (jumps and run)
9.Vacation- The Go-Go's (run)
10.Mambo No.5- Lou Bega (run with resistance)
11.Could You Be Loved- Bob Marley (cool down)

Why a tropical themed playlist in January? I just thought it would be a nice contrast to the foot of snow outside. Although, I'll take the pretty,fresh,snow over Chicago in early March when it is gray and muddy.

Until next time...
Portia :)

No comments:

Post a Comment