Saturday, January 16, 2010

Hot, Hot, Hot

If you were in class today you would know what I mean by hot. When I arrived at the gym this morning, ready to teach, I went to the stereo and began my set up. As soon as I turned the amp on, I knew there was a problem. Flashing red lights and then it going dead is not a good sign. I know another amp blew a few months ago, so it was obvious that it was happening again. I felt a little wave a panic hit me since a spinning class without music, is not an option, at least not with me. But then I calmed myself in my head and thought about what to do. The class was already full and these members come early to get a bike, they wanted their workout. I spoke to the manager on duty, and luckily between, her, the group exercise manager, and one of the trainers, we succesfully brainstormed a plan in the 5 minutes we had before class. We asked the members to move their bikes into the studio next door and then moved the pilates class that was starting next into the smaller community room. I was relieved to see that studio 2 had an iPod adapter so we were good for music. The next issue was the temperature of the studio. It is kept warmer for the yoga and pilates people, so it was very warm even before we started. The microphone wasn't working either so I had to scream. In the end though, it was a great class, probably because we had to go through such a hassle to have it. It seemed since we almost had to cancel, having the class encouraged everyone to work harder. I think it is the same idea that you don't really appreciate what you have untill it might be or it is taken from you.
Try to remember that. Always appreciate what you have. Don't wait untill it is actually gone.

Thank you to everyone who stuck it out in the heat with me screaming! It was a great class :)

This week's music was the same as last Wednesday but it is longer and the order is slightly different. Here it is, Enjoy!

Move It (53 minutes)

1. Roam- B-52's (warm up)
2. Walk Like an Egyptian- The Bangles (run)
3. I'll Tumble 4 Ya- Boy George (run)
4. Walk Away- Kelly Clarkson (climb)
5. Movin On Up- M People (recovery run)
6. Jump, Jive an' Wail- Brian Setzer (Resistance build)
7. Runaway- Real McCoy (recovery run)
8. Jump- Flo Rida (jumps and run)
9. Walk This Way- Run DMC (climb)
10. Bust a Move- Young MC (run)
11. The Distance- Cake (seated climb)
12.I'm Gonna Be- The Proclaimers (run with resistance)
13. Running on Empty- Jackson Browne (cool down)

Time to go rest. My legs are tired...feels great!

Portia

No comments:

Post a Comment