Saturday, January 23, 2010

Saturday!

They rocked it today. No stereo breakdowns, thank God, just a good, full crowd. Everyone seemed pretty quiet at first, but the energy started to flow as we rode.
I'm teaching tomorrow, Sunday, for the beginner spinner. I am actually hoping that my Mom and stepdad come to the class. They recently moved to Oak Park from Iowa and have yet to come over to FFC. They haven't formally worked out for, I think forever, and they really need to do something. They are both in there early 60's and it is critical to staying young and healthy. Plus, I really would like them to see what I do. They have never seen a spinning class, let alone mine. I wish my Dad was still around to see me teach too, he would think it is pretty cool.
So if you have any friends who have been wanting to try out a spin class and have been too afraid to try (I know it is intimidating at first) tell them about tomorrow. It won't be a serious workout. Most of it will be informational and focus on bike set-up and proper form.
If you see two clueless people in the back, it is probably my folks :) Everyone has to start somewhere...

Thank you to everyone who did class today! It was pretty tough this week (I hope).
This is the extended version of today's playlist:

Fire and Ice (51 minutes)

1.Hot in Herre- Nelly (warm up)
2.Hot N Cold- Katy Perry (run)
3.She's So Cold- Rolling Stones (run)
4.Burning Down the House- The Used (climb)
5.Cold As Ice- Foreigner (run and climbs)
6.Ice Ice Baby- Vanilla Ice (jumps)
7.Some Like it Hot- The Power Station (recovery run)
8.We Didn't Start The Fire- Billy Joel (alternating standing run and seated sprints)
9.Great Balls of Fire- Jerry Lee Lewis (recovery run)
10.Break the Ice- Britney Spears (climb)
11.Temperature- Sean Paul (run)
12.Hot,Hot,Hot- Buster Poindexter (jumps)
13.Funky Cold Medina- Tone-Loc (run with resistance)
14.Ring of Fire- Johnny Cash (cool down)

I'm not sure what is coming for next week. I've got a few ideas in the works...stay tuned

Enjoy your weekend!
Portia
:)

1 comment: