Friday, March 19, 2010

The Energy Never Dies (Black Eyed Peas) Tour

I got to go to the Black Eyed Peas concert last Saturday night. Like I mentioned in an earlier post, BEP is pop music, fun and simple. The review in the paper was right on, said it was a great entertaining concert, but check your brain at the door. None of it is anything you really need to ponder. The opening acts were LMFAO and Ludacris, both of which are in that same category. Nonetheless, it was a FUN night. I met up with a couple of friends after, gym members who enjoy spinning as well, and we hit the town. After closing the first bar, dancing like fools, we headed to a club, where we later learned Ludacris himself was at. See how cool we are? :) My friends had suggested that I play the music from the concert in class, so I revamped my previous BEP playlist to mimic the concert as close as possible. The Peas played for almost two hours so I had to shorten it. It's not all BEP stuff either. Will.i.am did a DJ set in the middle, that included Michael Jackson and Journey so they are on it. Fergie has her solo stuff so I put one of the songs she performed. And last but not least, Slash, the real Slash from Guns n' Roses showed up too and did "Sweet Child O' Mine" with Fergie covering. It wasn't too bad.

So here it is..The E.N.D. Tour. They are coming back in August if anyone wants to go!

Black Eyed Peas Concert (55 minutes)

1.Let's Get It Started- BEP (warm up)
2.Rock That Body- BEP (run)
3.Imma Be- BEP (climb, run at end)
4.Wanna Be Startin' Something- Michael Jackson (jumps)
5.Pump It- BEP (run)
6.Don't Stop Believin'- Journey (climb)
7.Boom Boom Pow- BEP (run)
8.Sweet Child O' Mine- Guns N" Roses (run with resistance)
9.Glamorous- Fergie (run)
10.Where is the Love?- BEP (climb)
11.I Gotta Feeling- BEP (run with resistance)
12.Meet Me Halfway- BEP (cool down)

Have a great weekend!

Portia

p.s. Happy Birthday J.G.!

No comments:

Post a Comment