Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The Peas are coming

Black Eyed that is. I don't care if the lyrics are silly or that they get alot of "help" to sound they way they do, I like the Black Eyed Peas. Their music is uncomplicated and catchy, I don't need to think about it much and it makes me want to move. Which is why I use it often in spinning class. I know it has been played and played, but I still love the song "I Gotta Feeling". It always motivates me and I have plenty of wonderful memories dancing to that tune...Anyway, in honor of the pop band, this week's music was alot of BEP. I didn't want to overwhelm anyone with too much Fergie and Will.I.Am, so I decided to mix it up with another band. I've done the dualing artist before, Michael vs. Prince, Madonna vs. Britney. This time I went with The Black Eyed Peas vs. The Police, or as I affectionately call it, The Peas vs. The Po Po. The Police are great for spinning as well, since alot of their songs have big cadence changes. This playlist leans more toward speed than heavy climbs. Remember, the music dictates alot of what to do with your body (at least in my class it does). Music is fast, generally cadence is quick too. Music is slow, then cadence is slow, which in turn means heavy resistance. We are always doing either FAST pace with medium resistance (always need some) or SLOW pace with heavy resistance. Of course sometimes I throw it all at you and we do SPEED and RESISTANCE. That's when everyone looks like they want to kill me :)

Here it is...to anyone lucky enough to be attending the concert on Saturday night, have a great time!

The Peas vs. The Po Po (long version 52 minutes)

1.Boom Boom Pow- Black Eyed Peas (warm up)
2.Message in a Bottle- The Police (run)
3.Let's Get It Started- Black Eyed Peas (climb)
4.De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da- The Police (run)
5.Imma Be- Black Eyed Peas (climb,run second half)
6.Every Little Thing She Does is Magic- The Police (seated sprints)
7.Hey Mama- Black Eyed Peas (run)
8.Can't Stand Losing You- The Police (run)
9.Where Is the Love?- Black Eyed Peas (climb)
10.Pump It- Black Eyed Peas (run)
11.Roxanne- The police (jumps)
12.I Gotta Feeling- Black Eyed Peas (run with resistance)
13.Every Breath You Take- The Police (cool down)

We will be doing Irish music in honor for St. Patrick's Day next so stay tuned...

Have a great day!
Portia

No comments:

Post a Comment