Sunday, April 4, 2010

It kind of started out as a joke that I would do an “Easter” playlist for spinning. It is the holiest day of the year in the Christian faith and I don’t want to offend anyone, but when a member mentioned it, I started to brainstorm. I did the St. Patrick’s Day list and someone said “Well Easter is next. Can’t really spin to that one!”. I thought maybe I could come up with something…

It’s not religious. I mean I don’t think it is, although I did find some crazy remixes of, yes, Kumba Ya My Lord and Amazing Grace. But no one has complained so far. They didn’t bother me, but even though I consider myself Christian, organized religion doesn’t play a big role in my life. My “church”, where I feel closest to something bigger than me and this world, is 350 plus miles to the North and consists of towering white pines, clear blue lakes, and the sound of loons calling to each other during the night. But that’s just me. Personally, you can believe in God, Jesus, Allah, Buddha, the Easter Bunny, or the Tooth Fairy for all I care. There is never one way to look at anything, I try to always have an open mind. But I am wary of those who “preach” one way to look at things, whether it is religion, politics, parenting or even fitness. There are many good ideas out there. Including the idea of a large rabbit who brings candy filled eggs to children in the night. Who came up with that one?

For this playlist, I chose songs that have references to heaven, angels, believing…that kind of thing. Whatever you celebrate today, I hope you enjoy it!

Easter Spin (54 minutes)

1. Just Like Heaven- The Cure (warm up)
2. Like a Prayer- Mysterious Girl (run)
3. Heaven is a Place on Earth- Belinda Carlisle (run)
4. Forever- Chris Brown (climb)
5. Believe- Cher (run)
6. Livin’ on a Prayer- Bon Jovi (run)
7. Angel- Shaggy (climb)
8. Kumba Ya My Lord- Yule (run)
9. God Is a DJ- P!nk (climb)
10. Heaven Must Be Missing an Angel- Tavares (run)
11. Personal Jesus- Depeche Mode (seated resistance build)
12. I’m a Believer- The Monkees (run)
13. Amazing Grace- Yule (run)
14. Heaven- Warrant (cool down)

Happy Easter!
Portia 

No comments:

Post a Comment